Saturday, January 24, 2009

Update Saturday night

It has been amazing all the support we have felt as a family, what more can we say than, Thank You to you all.
Today we met with another one of Jami's doctor's and kind of vented some frustrations. He handled it well and expressed allot of the same concerns and frustrations at their inability to put a real name or terms or to be able to provide some expectations that might be able to help along the way. They can give diagnosis, that are broad sweeping but contain no real or applicable information, more as something to call "it" or to calm some of the nerves and questions we have than actual facts and steps to take so we can move forward.
The medical teams are working diligently, calling each other at all hours brainstorming with ideas, or, "have we considered this", studying medical journals from all over the world, and just talking it through with colleagues locally and all over the country. Thank you for all of your suggestions, and questions to ask, we bring them up continually and apologize to the Doctor's for second guessing or questioning, they are always professional and open to questions and not afraid to run one more test to make sure.
We are so appreciative to all who are going through this with us, Jami continually says "I can feel their prayers". Thank you to all, there is no greater appreciator of people and their time and talents than Jami, and even in all of this, she is continually thanking everyone, or apologizing to the Doctors and nurses for taking time away from their day's, at first they did not know how to take her, but her sincerity and love shine through even in the darkest times and they have all shed tears with her, tell her they love her and continue to ignore the poor people on this floor of the hospital.
Thank you for your inspiration, calls, blog comments and text's, we have read them all many, many times and feel your love, they have been a true "re-charge" for her through some very hard times. I have always thought I had an amazing and very strong wife, it has been made more than apparent through this time that she can take more than her share and smile through it, apologize for putting you out and make you feel more comfortable by laughing through some very hard times, I am so blessed to have her as the mother of my children and so proud to call her my wife!
Thank you again for your prayers, and continued prayers in our behalf, we feel your faith and it helps us to continue on.

Greg & Jami

12 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Even in the darkest hours there is the comfort of God's love and grace. Jami is proof of that! Laughter is healing and I'm so proud of her. Greg, you're an angel and a man among men. STOKED for Cole's game! What a stud! God bless you both with rest tonight and know I'm praying for you both. LOVE YOU!!

Janice Phillips said...

I knew I was up late for a reason...so glad I saw your post before I finally got off-line!!

Chelsea said...

Love you Jami... wish we could do something to help

Allie said...

Jami,

I love you so much and I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I wish I could so something to help you. I love reading Greg's updates about how much everyone loves you there. Sean and I are praying for you with all our hearts. Love you, Allie

Bri!!! said...

Oh my sweet sister. You are a stud. Hang in there. You have so many people praying for you. You are loved and adored by many. You are constantly on my mind and in my prayers. You are going to beat this beast. LOVE YOU!

Bri

Bri!!! said...

.

Janae said...

Greg and Jami,

Again letting you guys know you're in my prayers...

Also, I wanted to let you know that after praying for you last night I had a dream that Jami was out and about, normal and fine. It was post-sickness. Some sort of weird hint to what the future holds, I hope.

I have also asked my mom to be praying for you, and she has read through the blogs... She said last night she was overcome with the feeling that Jami will pull through and you guys will get past this difficult time.

Love and miss you guys...

j e s s i e said...

I read your blog update this morning and wanted to comment again, but didn't want to just say nothing. So I thought, I will wait until I really have something to say. Then I went to church, and the speakers spoke on trials and hardships we are given, and overcoming them. Needless to say, I thought of you all, and now I have something to say. =)
Pull out the ensign from this last Octobers Conference and read Elder Wirthlin's talk entitled "Come What May, And Love It."

www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=b5f44bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

Sounds like you already have the first one down packed! =)

You all continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there Jami! love you guys!!

Megan Phillips said...

HI MY SWEET SISTER!!! I want you to know...that you will be FINE!! We missionaries have fasted for you and President and Sister Dowdle are too. You are in Gods hands. I know this is for a reason, and you are a stud my beloved friend and sister! OF COURSE you have everyone wrapped around your finger...Your JAMI!! Be faithful and BE BELIEVING! You will be healed. I really am not worried. Just know it helps me work harder so that i can call down the powers of heaven according to my obedience on your behalf. I love you, and i hope you see how much everyone else loves you. You amaze me at your strength. Once youve said before you are weak...NO MORE GIRLFRIEND!! Any lesser of a person would have given in to the discouragement. WOW, you should be proud of yourself. And oh Greggy, i will lvoe you all my days for taking care of my sweet sister! You are an amazing husband and father. I love you guys, take care and GOD BLESS!! See you soon!

Sarah said...

Hi guys this is Sarah Horsley...Glen's wife. We heard about Jami's situation from Bri's blog. We love you guys and are prayers are with you! Hang in there Jami YOU ARE A PILLAR OF STRENGTH!! Take care:)

Jaime Runyan said...

I don't know you all too well- but I want to let you know that since Bri told me about your situation I have had many thoughts and prayers sent to our Heavenly Father in your behalf. May peace be with you and God inspire.

Sunshine Promises said...

Jami,

Still praying for you like crazy. So glad to hear you've had more than a day of no seizures/convulsions. Prayers work! Keep your chin up! You can do it.

Amanda Kjar Wilkinson